Aleksandr E. Zverovshchikov, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of engineering technologies and equipment, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Gennadiy G. Lebedev, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pavel A. Gurin, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor of the sub-department of engineering technologies and equipment, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Modeling the interaction of abrasive grain with the workpiece during hydroabrasive treatment is an important stage in the technological preparation of production. The accuracy of the approximation of the grain shape of the abrasive powder depends on the result of modeling its behavior in contact interactions. The purpose of this work is to form geometric characteristics for creating an average model of a particle in SAE systems.
Materials and methods. During the experiments, GMA 80 MESH abrasive TC 3986-00176245879-2011 with a grain size of the main fraction of 0.8 mm was used as the main working medium. The computer simulation program “Kompas 3D” was used for ASCON.
Results. Description of the geometry of abrasive particles allows you to obtain initial data for modeling hydroabrasive treatment in CAE systems, creating prerequisites for predicting processing results. In addition, it is possible to objectively compare different types and compositions of abrasive materials.
Conclusions. The estimation of geometrical characteristics of the particles of cutting material for hydroabrasive treatment in the preparation of the simulation in the CAE-systems. An averaged particle model is constructed that approximates the real grains of the abrasive medium. Criteria for evaluating the possibility of abrasive cutting are defined. The use of estimation methods for powder materials used in metallurgy is proposed.
abrasive materials, powder materials, grains, hydroabrasive treatment, particles, model
1. Barsukov G.V., Mikheev A.V. Modeling the penetration of a solid particle into an obstacle at various kinematic angles of supersonic contact interaction. Mir Nauki = The world of science. 2014;4:43–46. (In Russ.)
2. Yashkov V.A. Modeling the interaction of cutting abrasive grains with the surface of the part. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii = Modern high technologies. 2018;12:403–407. (In Russ.)
3. Ponukalin A.V., Zverovshchikov A.E., Zverovshchikov E.A., Mironychev N.A. Characteristics of the surface of an abrasive working fluid for modeling volumetric centrifugalplanetary processing in SAE systems. Sistemy proektirovaniya, modelirovaniya, podgotovki proizvodstva i upravleniya proektami CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM: sb. st. V Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. = Design, modeling, production preparation and project management systems CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM: proceedings of the 5th International scientific and practical conference. Penza: Privolzhskiy dom znaniy, 2011:29–32. (In Russ.)
4. Dimov Yu.V. Obrabotka detaley svobodnym abrazivom = Free abrasive machining of parts. Irkutsk: Izd-vo IGTU, 2000:293. (In Russ.)
5. Litovka G.V. Evaluation of the cutting ability of abrasive granules. Inzhenernyy zhurnal = Engineering journal. 2010;7:23–28. (In Russ.)
6. Kragel'skiy I.V. Trenie i iznos = Friction and wear. 2nd ed. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1968:481. (In Russ.)